4.25.2011

Counting down the days!


In the parking lot just outside the front gates taken while dropping off my first load!


Where has this year gone already! Seems I blink and another month rolls by. Sadly the weather still seems as cold and damp as February...but there is hope of warmer weather on the horizon!

I am counting the days. Slashing them on my calendar...until I am able to go to my favorite Flea market EVER!

On a Mid May Sunday morning. I will pack my car with all of the Flea market necessities:
Hat, Sunscreen, jacket, umbrella, bag, cart ( including a cute little handmade insert from Ki at junkrevolution) some water and plenty of cold, hard CASH! And Head north about 2 hours, to the Elkhorn Wisconsin Flea market.
Held at the fair grounds, this market is a NOT TO MISS if you are a lover of vintage of all kinds. If you are a seller, this is the place to set up!


Creativity abounds! I have found such wonderful treasures and LOVE to stop to chat with friends along the way. Some great sellers you will find there have shops on etsy too! ( finally ) Joan at anythinggoeshere.etsy.com is just one example!
She could NOT be nicer and her booth is to drool over! This woman oozes creativity!

I love Denise from Denise's Home Adornments and Vintage Finds in Geneva and Judy who has her own etsy shop now too! Janice ( as written in Judy's blog) has a great vintage style and you can find her working her off hours at Serenade in Wheaton, Il



I love to hit the ground running ( as Dad would say) and walk briskly down the isles.
I have my system down! I tend not to poke into the booths unless something really catches my eye and then I don't linger long! If the price is right, it's mine. Usually the sellers will allow you to hold your items there for most of the day. I will map the locations where I have purchased things, and will drive in at day's end to pick them up!

It is fun to shop with a friend but be sure the two of you are not gunning for the same things!

There is a woman who brings in lovely Zinnias and fills the little milk bottles to the brim with them. She sells them for only a few dollars and that is a stop on my list for sure!

Should you find yourself at that market... plan to spend the entire day until closing!
You will be so glad you did!

I hope to run into you there! I know you will love it!
Be sure to leave a comment if you have a favorite market in your area!
Have fun shopping for treasures this season!
xo,
martha

1 comment:

  1. This looks like paradise! I love a good treasure hunt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! So glad you stopped by!